Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love Song

For the last two weeks of February, my memory verse was Zeph. 3:17: "The Lord your God is with you; He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." The past month has definitely been a time when I needed to feel God's unwavering love for me. Not only have I been memorizing this verse, but God has sent me little love messages many times since then.

I read several devotionals, Christian blogs and Christian books every day. This verse keeps popping up, as well as the idea of God being our love and our portion. Yesterday, I remembered a song I had heard that talked about God being our love song. But that was all I could remember, and it wasn't enough to find the name of the song. This morning, God brought to mind the rest of that phrase, so I wrote it down to look up at work: "You are the love song we'll sing forever."

I got to work, found the song (listen to it below) and then pulled out one of my devotionals. Here is the beginning of today's entry:
"Listen to the love song that I am continually singing to you. I take great delight in you...I rejoice over you with singing" (Jesus Calling).  "Love song!"  "Singing!"  My verse!  I hardly know what to write.

God knows the disappointments I've had in human love.  But I don't have to be disappointed with His love.  He has written a beautiful love song for me and is singing it to me all of the time, in so many little ways, each message like a love note, eagerly hidden in anticipation of the joy I will find in discovering it.  The God of the universe, the perfect Savior who died for me, loves me; and not just in a save-the-sinful-world way.  He loves ME.  Me!  I am delightful to Him.  He breaks into happy song because of me.  How can I help but make Him my love song?  "Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty...worthy is the Lamb who was slain!  Highest praises, glory and honor be unto Your name."

No comments:

Post a Comment