Monday, April 18, 2011

Memory Verse #8

I can't believe I've already memorized 7 verses and am now on number 8.  It's getting harder to say all of them at once, but it's a great reward when I notice them popping up in sermons or devotions.  It makes the message even more interesting and applicable to me.  Here is my new verse:  Eph. 6:10 - "Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might."

I chose this verse because I had never really thought about the fact that God is calling us to strength IN HIM.  It doesn't just say, "Be strong."  God knows I've tried to do that and failed.  Pulling myself up by my bootstraps just doesn't work.  I am not strong.  But "in the Lord" I can do all things (Phil. 4:13).  God is not calling me to be a tower of strength, a pillar of confidence.  He's calling me to bring my weakness to Him and exchange it for His strength: "For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Cor. 12:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment